After reading this you will be able to solve a STOP error or better known as Blue Screen Error in Windows 7, Vista & Windows XP. The stop error reads “ STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE “ . The error code might vary in a few cases, but the solutions remain the same.
- You updated your BIOS
- Changed the SATA Mode Option in BIOS to from IDE (SATA ) to AHCI.
- Hard Disk drive cable connection is loose ( desktop systems )
- Hard Disk Drive loose from the socket /Port ( Laptop / portable computers )
- Bad Hard Disk Drive Connection cable
- Improper shutdown causes error in hard disk drive
- Virus or Malicious software has corrupted some files necessary for boot
- Check the cable / Socket connection / Replace if necessary
- Boot from the Windows XP CD/DVD
- Select R when prompted ( Press R to repair )
- select partition
- Enter password
- On the command prompt type chkdsk /f
- After the disk check is complete
- type fixboot c:
- then type fixmbr c:
- type exit
Note: Make sure your SATA Mode option in BIOS is set to IDE or SATA only & not AHCI
Windows 7 & Vista
- Run Microsoft Fixit tool
- Also, do check your hard disk drive connections / cable
- If you are familiar with computer hardware & think you can take out your hard disk drive, then take it out, plug it in another computer and scan hard disk for errors.