After reading this post you will be able to fix an issue where you get a error while trying to boot into Windows 7 ( start Windows 7 ) saying “ bootmgr is missing, press ctrl + alt + del to restart
The primary cause of this error is some damage or corruption in the Windows boot sector. This might happen due to a virus or any related DNA malicious software. Any normal file corruption in the file system can create this error as well.
Follow the steps below to rectify this error
- Using Start-up Repair
- Follow this guide to use start-up repair in Windows 7 CLICK HERE
- Using System Restore
- Follow this guide to use system restore in Windows 7 CLICK HERE. You can use system restore to restore your computer to an earlier time, when your computer was running fine.
- Rebuild BCD
- Insert your Windows 7 or Vista Installation DVD at the time of system start-up ( boot from Disc )
- Press Any key when prompted to “ Press Any key to boot from CD/DVD”
- Select the appropriate options on the first menu ( language, currency, input ) & press next
- Click Repair Your Computer
- Select your operating system ( then one you wish to repair ) & Press Next
- Within the System Recovery Options, Click Command Prompt
- In the Command Prompt type Bootrec /Rebuildbcd & Press Enter