This post produces some possible solutions to a problem with your windows 8 PC, where you cannot log in to your windows 8 PC with your Microsoft Account. There can be a few possible reasons why this problem might occur.
Reason / Resolution 1
If you have upgraded to Windows 8 & you had an antivirus installed in your PC prior to the update ( which you did not disable or uninstall ), it might be a reason for this error. Some incompatible or unsuited version of your antivirus software might delete some of the important Windows 8 core operating registry entries. An example is Webroot Software .
- Log in with a local account
- Uninstall your Antivirus software
- Retain your license key or activation information for your Antivirus / Security software for future installation
- Restart your computer again in local account
- press Windows logo key + X
- Click on Command Prompt (admin)
- type SFC /SCANNOW
- Let the process finish
- Restart your computer
- Try to login with your Microsoft Account
- Download and Install the latest version ( Windows 8 Compatible ) from the Software Manufacturer’s website
- Activate using the license information your saved before.
If this does not solve your problem
Reason / Resolution 2
Sometimes for some reason application access is revoked by the server.
- Just use any other computer to open http://account.live.com
- Login with your Microsoft Account
- Click on Edit Security Info
- Check if your PC is listed here
- If not, Login with a local account in Windows 8
- Open the same website mentioned above
- Go to Edit security info
- Click on Add Trusted PC
- Click on Save
If this does not work
Reason / Resolution 3
- Check your language options to make sure you are entering your password in the correct language
If nothing works you can: