This post helps you solve an issue with your windows 8 | 8.1 PC, where, The diagnostics policy service is not running. There could be a few causes of this problem. Some of them include a device driver issue that’s stopping the service due to a conflict. A malware or other issues relating to a system service corruption.
Here are a few steps that can help you fix this issue:
- Press Windows logo key + X (to open the power command menu )
- Now, Click on Device Manager
- Here, locate Network Adapters, Right Click your network adapter
- Click on Update Driver software
- Alternatively, you can download and install the updated version of your network adapter’s driver software from your motherboard / computer manufacturer’s support website
- Restart your computer & check if the problem is solved.
Method 2 : Starting the Diagnostics policy service
- Press Windows logo key + R
- Type services.msc
- Locate the service Diagnostic Policy Service
- Right Click the service
- Click on Properties
- Now, here, make sure that the service is started,
- if not, start it
- & set the startup type to Automatic
- Apply , OK
- Check if the problem is solved.
Method 3: Using the Windows Network Diagnostic
- Right Click the network icon on taskbar
- Click on Troubleshoot Problems
- After the process completes,
- Click on Try these repairs as an administrator
- Check if this solves your problem.
Method 4 : Command line
- Press Windows logo key + X ( power menu )
- Click on Command Prompt (Admin )
- Now, type
- net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice
- Press Enter
- Now, Again type,
- net localgroup Administrators /add localservice
- Press Enter
- You will get a message saying “ Command completed successfully”
- Exit the command prompt & check if this solves your problem
Hope this helps, You can drop in a line in the comments section below, if you have any suggestions or feedback.