After reading this post you will be able to fix a STOP error or better known as BSOD ( Blue screen error ) in Windows 8. The error code is something like Clock Watchdog timeout. Below is the screenshot of this error:
The image above is for reference only.
Note: FOR SSD users : Make sure you are running latest AHCI Drivers & AHCI in BIOS. Also if the problem persists, secure erase your SSD and install Windows 8.
- Use Windows update to download and install all the necessary updates for your windows 8 PC
- To use Windows update, just start typing windows update on the start screen & choose windows update from the results displayed
- Go to your system or motherboard manufacturers support website
- Download the latest SATA / AHCI drivers
- Make sure the downloaded drivers are for Windows 8
- Also, download and install the latest chipset drivers
- Go to run ( windows key + R )
- type SFC /SCANNOW
- let the process run and finish
- Restart your computer
- Remove any USB storage devices attached to your computer
- If this computer is a desktop make sure your hard disk drive is seated properly
- also make sure that the hard disk data & power cables are connected properly
- Go to your BIOS by pressing the key ( refer the documentation that came with your computer / motherboard ( usually it’s DEL , F10 , F2 )
- Locate a setting called AHCI or SATA mode
- make sure it’s set to AHCI or BOTH
This should solve your problem, if not use the comment section to notify me.