This post helps you create a virtual switch in Windows 10. A virtual switch is used to enable the virtual machines to communicate with your physical network. A Virtual switch is mandatory for any Virtual Machine to communicate with the network, so it’s a bridge between your VM & Network. Below are the steps to create a network switch.
- Open up the Hyper-V manager
- Type Hyper-V manager in the start screen | Start menu
- Now, Click on the server name on the Left hand side pane
- Then, Click on Virtual Switch Manager
- Now, Click on New Virtual network switch
- Click on External
- Click on Create Virtual Switch
- Now, Give a name to your switch
- Click on Apply
- You will get a notification like the one shown below
- Click on Yes
- Changes will be applied
- To check whether your virtual switch is working or not,
- Right Click, the Network icon in your taskbar
- Click on Open Network and Sharing Center
- You should see the name of your virtual switch listed here.
Hope this post helps, your comments & suggestions, if any, can be shared through the comments section.